Esther Dyson photographed Bruce Homes in April of 2007. Bruce was a speaker at Esther's Flight School. Since I did not know who he was, I looked him up. Here is what I found:
- Presenter Bio for Streamcenter (provides on demand webcasts of conference presentations)
- Bio for National Academies (The National Academies perform an unparalleled public service by bringing together committees of experts in all areas of scientific and technological endeavor. These experts serve pro bono to address critical national issues and give advice to the federal government and the public.)
- Bio from Advanced Planning Office, NASA
- Advanced General Aviation Transport Experiments (AGATE) on Wikipedia
- Flight School 2007 (June 20-22, Aspen) includes Bruce Holmes, NASA, retired, on the speakers list. (Note that links include a blog for Flight school participants with its first entry (as of May 3, 2007).
- Scott Nance blog on FDA approval of VLJ which quotes Bruce Holmes and credits AGATE with improvement in small plane technology that has paved the way for the approval (October 30, 2006).
- CBS News story on 60 Minutes program "Flying Cars Ready to Take Off" (April 17, 2005) See also the NASA page on the 60 Minutes program with a link to view the program.
- Flight School 5 report (March 25, 2005) on Bruce Holmes' presentation. Esthr is also quoted.
- Transportation Network Technologies (May 5, 2004) from Dr. Holmes' presentation with really cool graphics (14-page pdf)
- Bruce Holmes images on Google.
- Bruce Holmes images on Esthr's Flickr.